Okay, so you have a fairly good handle on the English language. You can string a few sentences together and on a particularly inspired day, create content that you think is pretty darn good.
So, why would you hire a copywriter when you’ve been writing since you were knee high to a grasshopper?
Good question, wild one. And a big high-five for being the self-sufficient and independent spirit you are.
But even if you’re the wildest word weaver out there, it always helps to have an expert on your side.
- On the most basic level, in the online world (and even outside of it) words are your currency. They are what connect you to your audience and create that instinctive, intuitive connection that leads to meaningful and lasting relationships. They are what sell your business, tell your brand story and help individuals from across the globe form an opinion about you and your biz. A good copywriter knows how to wield their words carefully to do all of this and more.
- Copywriters can get inside the mind of your target audience and create content that entices and appeals to them.
- Sometimes you need a fresh perspective and someone to help you weave your content into a reader-friendly story. Industry jargon and even company lingo can confuse your audience and a copywriter can help translate your content for the average consumer.
- Would you cut your own hair? Do your own plumbing? Service your own car? Experts are experts for a reason: they know what they’re doing. So when you need your website and content to stand out from the crowd and shine bright, you need to hire an expert … and they’re called copywriters.
- Typos are awkward and can completely destroy your businesses’ message. You don’t want to be taken down by an accidental ‘a’ instead of ‘e’ in the word ‘veggies’. Cough – vaggies – cough. Trust me, it’s happened.
- A good copywriter can implement successful (but not sleazy) sales techniques into your content to turn browsers into buyers.
- Copywriters can save you time.
There are loads of other reasons why hiring a copywriter might be a good idea for your biz (just like I’m sure there are a bunch of reasons I should probably hire you!), but let me end on this note:
A good copywriter isn’t just someone who plays hardball with Google and knows how to proofread your content. A good copywriter is an artist. They’re creative visionaries that can transform your stock standard content into inspiring and stirring stories.
So if you’re on the hunt for a copywriter, why not check out my products + services page? I specialise in crafting creative content for soulful businesses across the globe and would love to have you on board as one of my spirited clients.